I am taking a couple of days off for these last few days of summer.
In that time I expect to accomplish the following:
- A relaxing trip to the cottage including BBQing, reading, fishing, wandering.
- Clean out every closet/drawer in the house.
- Build shelves for the basement, completely reorganize and colour code all of its contents and put it all back together.
- Reinsulate the chicken coop.
- Build screens to block the view of my garbage cans.
- Buy a fridge
- Remodel the entire kitchen in order to accommodate said fridge
- Swap the ugly summer p’jamas out for the ugly winter ones. That now smell like drawer.
- Assign a really cool nickname to all of the lamps in the house.
- Develop the cure for scoliosis so no child has to touch their toes while wearing underpants.
- Attempt to facilitate a comeback of Road Runner jeans.
- Build my own backyard furniture out of stuff I find around the house. And other people’s houses.
- Eat some chips.
If by some fluke I find I don’t have time to accomplish everything on the list, the list will be pared down to only the first and last tasks on the list.
For the remainder of the week, I will be re-posting the very first 4 posts I ever wrote for The Art of Doing Stuff with all new introductions and insights into them. It’ll be fun. I promise. At least for me it will. I’ll be eating chips.