Andddddd where exactly have YOU been?

Dear Diary,

I’m getting a bit worried about my readers.  I’m not normally an alarmist but … I think they might be dead. For the past month they’ve just been … gone.  Vanished.  I realize that if Harvest Gold, AN ENTIRE COLOUR, can vanish, it’s possible my readers could do the same thing. But I think it would have made the news.  Twitter at the very least.

Maybe they’re all on some sort of spiritual quest.  I’m trying to keep my chin up but I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY WENT. They just up and disappeared without a word, leaving me to assume the worst.  I’ve had horrible visions of them in unspeakably torturous situations.  Binge watching  Dancing With the Stars for instance.

Me?  Oh I’ve been here at my computer like I always am.  Sorry I haven’t had time to write lately.

At the end of December I mentioned on my blog that I’d be taking the month of January off from posting so I could get a bunch of technical crap done.  Basically working on the guts of my blog as opposed to the face of it.

I have been to the bowels of my blog and back.  Turns out, my blog had a severe intestinal disorder. Possibly parasites too, who knows.

I won’t get into the worst of it, but suffice it to say my blog probably shouldn’t go anywhere without knowing exactly where the nearest bathroom is.

So even though I wasn’t writing posts, I was working. Of course, Dear Diary, I can also confess to you that I took a couple of breaks from my technical work during the month to enjoy myself.

For example, on the third Saturday of January I ate some toast.

And one day I went for a wonderful evening run.

(Click on photo to play video of my glorious running experience, click photo again to stop it)

I documented a lot of the month of January on my Instagram account.  Like that time I made toast.

Oh, Dear Diary, please let my readers be O.K.

It’s because of them I reworked all of my recipes so they’re printable, include nutrition and calorie information PLUS I made them prettier and added a little button on the top of every recipe post that says Jump to Recipe now, so people can ignore all of my writing and get right to the recipe.   Well I haven’t updated all the recipes yet, but some of them.  It takes a while to work through an entire intestinal tract.

This no knead bread recipe is looking pretty good.

So is the Quick & Easy Guacamole.

In between eating toast and keeping up my healthy and enjoyable running habit,

I also worked on some SEO (Search Engine Optimization) stuff so that Google will have an easier time finding my posts and giving them to other people. People who might actually show up around here and appreciate all I’m giving them.  I’m a giver. Just last week I gave someone the finger for reasons I can’t remember.  Let’s just assume they were being a twerp.

I worked on the SEO stuff by hiring  SEO expert, Casey Markee from The United States of America to help me. So in the course of a month my blog has gone from a pocket of intestinal distress to an International company with employees across two countries.

Oh, Dear Diary, I hope that when I wake up tomorrow morning my readers will have returned from wherever they went.

God help them if they somehow hooked up with Avocado Green.  I’ll never see them again.

Your pal,

1. twyla harkey says:

Dear Karen, I have gained 10 pounds waiting for your return…please send some comic relief quickly…

2. Miriam says:

Welcome back, hurrah January is over and Karen is back!
    Missed you!

3. Carrie says:

Welcome back Karen!!
    Your twisted humor was definitely missed! There’s not many of us around……we’ve all been “locked up”. LOL
    TY for all the work of making things easier for us,much appreciated!
    I have 4 avacados sitting in my kitchen (and no, theyre not sitting drinking coffee chatting away!😜)
    So, I’m excited to ” jump” right to your quick and easy guacamole! After I read your blog of course. I mean, who is only hear for your delicious recipes??
    Thanks again!
    Stay happy and healthy😁😁

4. Denise LeBlanc says:

Glad you’re back! I’m in Southeast Texas near Houston preparing for the apocalypse which is apparently near. It has snowed three times this year. Not Canada snow, but SE Texas 1-inch snow, but that’s a big deal around here. Most winters do not require a heavy coat. I’m ready to thaw out, laugh inappropriately at your blogs and learn some new stuff. You always brighten my day….. but can you keep the cold up there, please?

5. Anita says:

please tell me you will continue on with the Instastories………. Hey Guys!

6. Ann Brookens says:

Gee, Karen it’s winter! We’ve been holed up someplace warm, living vicariously through our computer screens, waiting for you to return!
    (Thanks for returning!)

7. Nichole says:

Wow! I just realized I’m not dead! It must have been a mild concussion. Thanks for inquiring about that.

8. KimS says:

Oh my gosh, I’ve missed you—is that weird to say? I’ve never met you! Glad that you’ve made the google search engine more aware of your site! Everyone will love you! I did “Pinch of Yum’s” sugar free January and made your Hippy Ciokies twice! (Have only eaten 1 batch, lol)… thank you for coming back—I was worried 😊

Great! Did you like the sugar free January challenge? I keep thinking of my Hippie cookies and that I should make them. I haven’t made them for AGES. ~ karen!

• KimS says:

I did like the challenge—my hands were hurting after Christmas due to arthritis (I think)…I had heard that sugar can affect inflammation, so I figured it would be a good experiment. My hands don’t hurt nearly as much…think I’m going to attempt to continue! When I just want a little something sweet I grab one out of the freezer! My initial search for the receipe in Google was “hippy dippy cookies”, paired with “art of doing stuff” found it, lol

9. Tiff says:

I just searched my emails & my SPAM wondering how I lost you. Between the holidays & getting the flu things got lost in the shuffle. So glad you’re back – I missed laughing at your latest exploits! 💚💚💚

10. Annie says:

I’m so happy you’re back at it! My emails weren’t the same without you! You put some fun and entertainment in my inbox and you were definitely missed! Looking forward to the redone blog. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.
    Annie

11. Mike says:

It must be universal that the older we get the more we focus on intestinal distresses. Anyway, it’s nice to have you back.

12. Christina says:

Have the blog pop two Imodium tablets, that usually does the trick. Welcome back!

13. Maria Campbell says:

I’ve been dating other blogs while waiting for you to post something new to read.

Harvest Gold says hey baby and has a sexy smile but very little new content. Avocado Green rang the doorbell but I didn’t answer because who wants that back in their lives?

I’m glad you are back and I hope this means you are going to be posting new stuff again. I haven’t snorted coffee out my nose while reading your blog in quite a while and my sinuses are wondering what has been happening.

14. Kate says:

You’re back!!!! 🙂

15. Cindy says:

Welcome back! I have to admit, I was getting worried <3 I like Instagram, but I LOVE your blog posts.

16. Katie C. says:

You’re back!!! We’ve missed you!!

17. Weaselino says:

So glad you’re back! Where did January go?? Away and never, ever to come back. The days are longer — yayayay!!!! There is hope! I’m in New Jersey and, can you believe it, my daffodils are starting to come up!

Seriously??! Wow. We had a few really nice days but we’re back in the snow and deep freeze now. Usually my area is pretty similar to NY/NJ weather. ~ karen!

18. Marilyn says:

Welcome back

19. Suzanne says:

Welcome back. Missed you.

20. Connie Bridgham says:

SO GLAD you are back!

21. Cath says:

I had just signed up for your blog when you went ghost on me. I hadn’t heard that you were going to be taking January off. As result, I thought I had done something at my end. However I found you on Instagram and today lo and behold, there you were in my inbox. All is right with the world.

22. Diane R. says:

So glad you’re back Karen, really missed you! Love that office you have too.

23. Carolyn Boyd says:

Welcome back! You were missed, for sure. Must be a thing in January; I’m in the middle of planning a fundraiser for our local warm-water pool and my hard drive crashed – lost it all, including my sanity! Just getting back, and just in time too! Blog looks great and I’m looking forward to many funny, informative posts.

24. Heather says:

Hi Karen, I’m not exaggerating when I tell you my heart leapt when I found your email this morning. So pleased that you’re posting again. Glad Dr Casey was able to sort out the blog’s IBS.

25. Maryanne says:

Welcome back! Glad you’re facing things again 🙂

26. Arlene Stopps says:

Hello!
    Glad you are back….OMG we missed you!
    Where are we???……exactly where you LEFT us!!!
    Disappointed that there was not one Canadian smart enough that could have helped you with your blog?
    Now we can get back to “the giggle of the day!”!!
    Welcome back!!

27. Melany says:

It’s funny, just last night I was wondering where you were!
    Welcome back!

28. Thera says:

Some of us were a little confused and/or worried, me included, but you’re back!!!! Yay!!!!
    I, personally have taken every single solitary thing out of my crawl space, to sort, purge, declutter. I am down to 6 bins of Christmas and 1 bin of Seasonal (hats, purses etc). And by January 74th I was going a little stir crazy, but yay February! And yay again that you are back!
    Oh and I too started running, but I love it!

29. G-L says:

You’re insane. I went nowhere and am as wildly obsessed as ever. Restraining order obsessed. You can just relax, all you have to do is rest assured that every single time you look out a window, any window, I’ll be there, waving, disturbingly wide smile, just waiting for the next post. I want to make bread and I don’t want to knead that bread. Nope. You still have followers. More importantly, you still have FANS.

30. Bonnie Gutierrez says:

Welcome back – missed you! Thanks for sharing the bread recipe again because it’s a good day to bake bread and contemplate back fat.

31. leisa says:

WOOT WOOT!!!

32. Ev Wilcox says:

January gone. YAY! Glad you are back. See you soon! Ev

33. Debbie from Illinois says:

I had to do the unthinkable while you were MIA……sign up for Instagram!

34. Mia says:

Yeah, what about the stand-up desk? With the new beautiful work area, I can see why you might have given up on it. Enjoyed your IG stories so please keep those going, even if only occasionally. We need you to help us get through the rest of winter. Hope we help you as well.

No, no I haven’t given up on it at all. It’s just on the other side of the room. When I feel like I need to stand I just walk my laptop over there and hop on. 🙂 ~ karen!

35. Gretchen Sexton says:

Yay! Welcome back.
    I still enjoy the Instagram and Facebook posts as well, but love reading your ‘letters’.
    🙂
    Happy Groundhog’s Day!

36. linda in illinois says:

It was a long January, I am glad you are back.

37. Robin says:

WELcOme BaCk!

38. Karin K says:

Oh thank God. You’re back. My first car was harvest gold.

39. MaryPat Purcell says:

My day starts off much better when you greet from my inbox, welcome back! Please know that you were missed and I personally am happy to hear from you again.

40. judy says:

hooray! some good news you are my ray of sunshine in a doldrums time -a pipe in our VA. Master bedroom couldn’t manage to keep itself warm in freezing temps and blew a river of water all over just about everything. Now fighting with insurance,contractors who want you to sign contracts that extract a lb. of flesh and a quart of blood meanwhile can’t give you anything in writing that tells you just what they intend to do and how the hell they intend to do it-the cost-the time needed -when they might wander by and that it’s all pre approved by the insurance company. Very grateful though to have a house though cause Baby it’s COLD outside….in Virginia…fer crying out casualty losses!

41. jaine kunst says:

YIPEE KYAY!!!! All is right with my world this morning, you’re back!

42. Barb says:

Ye of little faith!!! Some of us even had Feb. 1st “starred” on our calendars, waiting for your return. Sorry…not me…just sayin’! Welcome home.

43. Gina says:

I’m happy you are back! I hope you keep those awesome Insta-stories going. Hello friends!

44. savannah says:

Glad you’re back! Will you still post on Instagram?

45. Tracey in GA,USA says:

Glad your back. I’ve really enjoyed reading your stuff. The black kale salad is a staple in my fridge now. I’m also able to bake my own bread thanks to the book of artisan bread you recommended. I listen to Madeleine Peyroux station on Pandora when I’m cooking or cleaning and I think you would enjoy listening to it too. PS-Loved your Halloween decor.

46. NinaMargo says:

Karen, Missed you! What about burnt orange and golden yellow? In high school I crocheted a lovely granny square afghan for my mother with that color combo. Of course it matched our applicances, sofa, recliners and shag carpet. Ye Gods!

47. donna beaumont says:

Must have missed the post that you were taking off January.

Glad you are back

48. Bethany Jones says:

We missed you so much! Welcome back to creative land from your technical vacation!

49. donna beaumont says:

Missed you

50. Beth Nosworthy says:

Yeah! You’re backkkkkkk! I’ve missed you!!