Natural Yeast Infection Cure that Actually Works. Frozen Yogourt Tampon.

So about a month or so ago I got that itchy feeling “down there”.

What’s that? You’d like to go for dinner, handsome man? Sorry, but I have to stay home and scratch at myself.

O.K. …. I assume after that first sentence, it’s just us girls here now, so I can be frank.

I was pretty sure it wasn’t a mosquito bite and almost positive I threw my poison ivy underwear out, so it couldn’t be that.  This was looking more and more like a yeast infection.  I hadn’t had one in several years, but it’s kind of like riding a bike.  You don’t forget it and it can give you a funny feeling down in your nether regions.

It wasn’t what you could describe as “raging”.  I certainly didn’t have to sequester myself inside the house so I could scratch between my legs with a bottle brush, but it was definitely something that would need taking care of.

So … as I am want to do, I headed to the trusty (pfttt) Internet to see if there was some sort of home cure.  There were a bunch of suspect cures on there, suggested by obvious whack jobs, but there were also a few actual possibilities.

One of which was the frozen yogourt tampon.  Hmm .. sounds kind of plausible.  The more I thought about it, there was no way that perfectly reasonable solution was suggested by a whack job. I was gonna try it!

Basically what you do is take a plastic tampon, (remove the actual tampon) fill it with plain yogourt, freeze it, then shove it up your hoo-hoo.  The natural bacterial cultures, plunged deeply into your inner womanness then go to work like little vagina chimney sweepers, getting rid of the bad bacteria and building up the good.  Check out the video to see how it all turned out!  Yes, I said it; there’s a video.

Don’t worry … it’s safe for kids and the office. As far as I remember anyway … don’t quote me on that.

Natural Yeast Infection Cure.

All this scratchin’ is makin’ me itch. Testing out the theory that making a tampon out of frozen yogourt will cure a yeast infection!

→Hey there!  GET MY POSTS emailed to you 3 times a week←

1. Manly Man says:

I have no vagina (thank G-d) but I would suggest a piping bag (without the decorative tip probably).

2. Sachi says:

:’D Was reading today’s post on the brooding chicken and somehow ended up here. Too funny. Xx

3. Tina Jeffrey says:

This is an old column but I recently discovered you and am working my way through your posts. So here’s my story…
    I had never had a yeast infection but I’d never had ANY infection, thus had never taken antibiotics but when I was 28, my hubby and I were leaving for France for 6 weeks. I got a sinus and ear infection just before we left and, to avoid flying issues, my doctor gave me an antibiotic. Mind you, I’d never even HEARD of a yeast infection! I was a bit sheltered. The doctor didn’t give me any clue what might happen. A couple of days after arrival, I woke with a RAGING infection! I was itching! OMG, it was so horrible! I tried to wash it away, not knowing what it was, but soap made it worse! I didn’t speak French, I went to the chemist but couldn’t explain what was wrong! I had to wait it out and when we came home, I went to my doctor and told him I thought I had been dying from the inside out. He explained what it was.

Now I’m old and have an auto-immune disease. Because of that, I often get yeast infections, related to chronic Candida. When I feel one coming, I take a dyflucan. It’s not pleasant but it’s life.

Thanks for the chuckles!

4. alyce tyler says:

Yogurt alone is NOT strong enough to cure a yeast infection. Yogurts contain the same type of probiotics that keeps the vagina healthy, yet everyone woman I know needs something stronger that contains those same probiotics. If you want something natural (like i do) that works, go with the Lady Soma Candida Cleanse. It doesnt upset my stomach and does not have harmful chemicals in it.

Hi Alyce, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. However, my website is based on fact. On things I have tried and deemed to be true. I don’t just put stuff up that “I read about on the Internet”. So I can assure you anything you find here is indeed true. So yes. It is possible for yogurt to cure a yeast infection. If it didn’t work I would have published that it didn’t work. But that wasn’t the case. ~ karen

5. Hannah says:

Amazing tip! I hope this will really work for me. Keep sharing informative guides, many women are looking for reliable ways to cure such infection.

6. Hannah says:

Im confused, yours was gone in three days after this method? How many times did you do it a day?

Hi Hannah. It was a while ago and I haven’t had a yeast infection since, but from what I recall I put it in a few times a day for a couple of days. Also remember I got it right at the beginning of the infection. Good luck! ~ karen!

7. Vee says:

I use yogurt for both yeast infections and BV. I like the frozen yogurt tampon actually! A good trick is to insert a regular tampon after. Ta-Da! Less mess. I always do this before bed too so in the morning I can wash everything away!

A good tip would be making sure the yogurt contains acidophilus and active cultures. Also, like mentioned, no flavor or sugar 🙂

8. Sophia says:

Bajeeni! I am on the floor. Literally!

When my bajeeni is giving me that (not so) lovin’ feeling, I use an empty (and very well rinsed) single-use douche bottle to get the yogurt where it needs to go. Then I lie on the floor with my bum up against the wall and my legs straight up. It’s a pretty good stress-relieving yoga pose called Viparita Karani and frankly, if I have a yeast infection and yogurt up my bajeeni, a little stress relieving is a good thing!

(I moved this reply down to the end b/c I realized that replying to a reply from a couple of years ago wasn’t the best idea.) Karen, gotta tell ya – you are one Rockstar!!

9. BethH says:

The freezing doesn’t destroy the active probiotics in the yogurt? Guess not, since it still works. Just wondering. A doctor once told me that eating yogurt every day through your next period would take care of a yeast infection, and although I try to, I still get ’em occasionally. Now, I will add that this is the doctor that asked me if I engaged in any weird sexual practices when I went to him for recurring UTIs, and then for the resulting yeast infection from the antibiotics he prescribed. He was also the county coroner. I found a new doctor.

10. http://nutrasehat.com says:

It’s an amazing paragraph in support of all the online users;
    they will get advantage from it I am sure.

11. jess says:

I just had to say that was so funny I love your sarcasm!!! I don’t know if anyone has said anything but I am using the tampon yogurt but without the applicator. They sell them in the store and you dip it into the yogurt and use your finger to push it up. I have also read tons of stuff with boric acid pills. Couldn’t find it in the regular supermarket or Whole Foods but tons of info online shops. Again loved the video. I was laughing out loud.

12. Rebecca says:

As a former baker’s assistant I can tell V. Ellis than we used to add vinegar to some bread doughs to enhance the action of the yeast and baking soda to kill the yeast. A vinegar douche or bath may help with odor temporarily but I doubt truly that it will get rid of a yeast infection.

13. V. Ellis says:

A better cure for a yeast infection is to take a cup of white vinegar and add it to a lukewarm bath which is about half full. Sit in the bath for 15-30 mins and make sure some of the water gets inside you if possible. Twice a day to begin with and dont wash the area with soap afterwards…the smell doesnt last long. You can also soak a tampon in a weak solution of vinegar and water and keep that in for 10 mins or so but the bath works better I think.

HI V. I’m afraid I can’t comment on your cure because I’ve never tried it. I only post things, whether they’re about health, design, DIY, home improvement etc., if I’ve actually tried the method/recipe/craft/project myself. Why is it you think your method is better? I’m just curious, because the method I’ve described not only works, but works with one quick treatment. ~ karen!

14. Brandy says:

Ok….so I tried the frozen tampon. Its just extreamly, uncomfortably,too cold. I cant hold it in too long. Any suggestions?

LOL. That’s the exact same problem I had. It’s COLD. Your body warms it up fairly quickly, but I think if you can just get a syringe of some sort and shoot some yogourt up there, plus eat a 1/4 – 1/2 a cup during the day that should do the job. Good luck. ~ karen!

15. CrSchilliger says:

This was awesome.
    I just watched it and it provided some amusement to my uncomfortable situation.
    I just got out of the bathroom from a syringe & kefir, and also a tampoozle (what my sister and I tend to call them) coated in kefir… I’m really hoping to at least ease the horrible feeling, I don’t really want to be squirming and wincing and whining my way through the holiday. hehe.
    Also, I pinned this… no idea if it will get re-pinned but hopefully it will at least get some more viewers 😀

16. angie says:

Why can’t I see the video??? The comments are entertaining, but I’m sure the actual video would be better. Is it because I joined the party too late, and now I’m outta luck?

Hi Angie – I just checked and the video is working fine. On your end you might need to clear your cache. Or if you own a Mac, go to Safari, Preferences, Remove all Website Data. Occasionally I have to do this. It’s a weird thing with You Tube. ~ karen!

17. Tigersmom says:

I can’t believe I hadn’t already watched this! You’re little moan at 22 seconds is hilarious.
    Way to take one (actually two, you superwoman) for the team.

And you’re ability to provide acurate descriptions without using graphically offensive terminology is quite impressive, too.

My hat is tipped.

18. Jennifer says:

Thanks Karen! Good info! Entertaining as always! I was drinking my morning kefir while whatching the vid. It was a little weird.

19. Janice says:

Hydrogen Peroxide works wonders – get one of those empty 30cc syringes (can find at vet suply stores – we use them to give meds to horses orally).

Suck up the Hydrogen Peroxide & squirt it in….. yes, it will run out.

H2O2 creates an oxygen-rich environment, where the anaerobic bad bacteria cannot survive.

One squirt & you’re done!

20. Judy says:

I truly enjoy your post and all the comments! Had a good laugh and got some good info! Thanks for sharing!

21. Jeri says:

I love you, I really do. You are without a doubt my hero. I literally pee’d myself.

22. Jenn says:

I’m new here but I have to say… i <3 u. That was hilarious and useful.

Thanks Jenn. It really does work! I also have a cure for a bladder infection if you search it on my sidebar. It doesn’t involve such a cold shock. ~ karen