I’m in Pain So She Didn’t Have To Be.

I made a very difficult decision yesterday.  So no post today.

Cleo 1998 – 2018

She was a really good cat.

1. Marion During says:

I am so sorry for your loss. Saying goodbye to a loved one is never easy, I am praying for peace and comfort for you <3

2. Carol S. says:

You must find comfort in knowing that you gave your special friend the greatest gifts of all – love and caring – a wonderful exchange for the years of devotion she has given you.

3. Lori Williams says:

I am so sorry to hear about your beautiful kitty.

4. NinaMargo says:

They leave eternal paw prints on our hearts.

5. Carolyn Boyd says:

So sorry to hear this, but I think you made the right decision. We had to put down our beloved Shadow two years ago and I still miss her. She was a healthy 17-year-old, but suffered a blood clot that paralyzed her entire left side. She spent her last night sleeping on my pillow, nose to nose. It’s a really difficult thing to do, but we must accept that they cannot suffer to make us feel better.

6. Trina says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, Karen. 😢

7. Beth Williams says:

I’m so sorry for your loss Karen. losing a fur baby is so very hard. They become such a part of our lives and the loss is felt for such a long time. I’m praying for comfort for you, bless you for thinking of her rather than yourself – it’s so hard, but we love them and so we don’t want to see them suffer. I’ve been there more than a couple time!!! Hugs!!!!

8. Diane R. says:

So very sorry for your loss. Cleo was a beautiful cat and you are a beautiful cat Mom.

9. Betty says:

I am so sorry for your loss. I made a similar decision this past Monday. Although I still have her sibling with me, we both feel such a loss in our home. I know you and I will heal over time. Although they are no longer with us, their memories will forever be with us and we can count it all joy that they blessed our lives.

10. Jeannie says:

I’m so very sorry for your loss.

11. Shawna says:

Oh Karen, I’m so sorry for your loss. May the happy memories of your time together carry you through the darkest hours.

12. Dawn says:

Cleo was well loved. My heart breaks for you today. This is never an easy decision. We too had to say goodbye to our furry family member last summer. Our pup was my daughters best friend, and during the process at our home, she stayed by his side until his last breath. We let these furry folks into our homes, and they are cute and sweet, and we never know that one day they will be our family, our people with fur. Sometimes we love them more than people.
    I am so sorry for you loss. We are a praying folk. You and Cleo will be in our heart and in our prayers. Sending you love.

13. Sara says:

I’m so sorry, Karen. It’s so hard to say goodbye ❤️

14. Karen says:

I’m so sorry

15. Midori says:

I’m so sorry- thinking of you. It’s such a hard thing to do.

16. Katie says:

Such a hard decision. Have been there. So sorry for your loss.

17. Toby Earp says:

From the pictures, a very handsome cat. From the stories, a very much loved one. I have no doubt she returned every drop of that, and more. Thanks and love to you both; you helped me remember my own Siamese, Ptolemy, who died when he was 22.

A Zen student was concerned with death and the hereafter. His own beloved master was dying, and the student asked where he would be in the next life. “I will still be here”, the master said. “Where else would I go?”

18. Martha Goodwill says:

I’m so sorry, friend. Sending love to you.

19. Julie says:

Hugs. I’m really sorry.

20. Barbara H. says:

It’s so hard to make that decision. Thank you for telling us and taking us on the journey of end of life care – giving fluids subcutaneously, B12 shots, etc. You and Cleo helped more people than you know. Rest in peace, Cleo.

21. Elaine says:

I am so sorry, parting with a pet is so painful. (hugs!)

22. Jenny says:

Oh, Karen, I’m so sorry. Cleo had a long and beautiful life with you, and you made her long years comfortable and full of love.

23. Kevin Lepard says:

I am so sorry.

24. Allison says:

I’m so sorry. I went through this last year with my heart dog. It’s never easy.

How wonderful that Cleo got to spend her 20 years of a great life with you to love her.

Sending hugs from Texas.

25. Katie C. says:

Oh Karen, I’m so sorry. *hugs*

26. Paige says:

So very sorry – – they never stay as long as we wish they would.

27. Lynda Loy says:

Sending a hug and prayers your way….we know this is the best but it still hurts like the dickens. Had to make the same decision for my 17 year old Khrystal, who looked just like your Cleo. We love them so we do it.

28. Amy says:

Karen,
    I’m so sorry for your loss. A week ago, we had to euthanize our Great Dane, Bella, so the loss is still raw for us. You are in my prayers.

Amy

29. Teddee Grace says:

Please accept my condolences. Putting down a soul-mate cat was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

30. Ina says:

A big HUG.

31. Sabina says:

I’m so sorry Karen, sending you some love from across the lake. It’ll be a good weekend for some “garden-therapy”. She was a good cat and she taught us all a little something ;)

32. Cynthia H Adams says:

I’m so sorry.

33. JF says:

sometimes, being a good cat or dog mom, means making the tough decisions. . .you are a good, kind, loving pet mom — you and Cleo were lucky to have found each other

34. Mary W says:

That picture is a perfect example of a strong woman with a huge heart. It made me cry and laugh at the same time – you are really something, girl. I’m so sorry for your grief.

35. Dianne Paul says:

Oh Karen, I am so sorry. I lost my Toby one year ago this week. He, like Cleo had renal failure and too soon my infusions failed to help him feel better. At the same time our Katie, a rescue dog, developed diabetes requiring blood sugar monitoring and insulin. Katie held on longer than Toby but the time came to put their best care ahead of our desire to keep them. You made the right decision for Cleo.
    I pray that soon your pain will be replaced by memories that bring you smiles…and maybe another kitty who needs you.
    Hugs from Georgia, USA

36. Denise Windle says:

I know you gave Cleo the best life possible and remember that she knew you loved her.

37. Andre says:

The average age of an indoor cat is 14. So you gave her many happy and healthy yeArs. And then a peaceful and loving end. You were a good cat mom. Hugs

38. Eileen says:

I’m so sorry – that decision is the hardest to make, even while knowing it is the right thing to do.
    Another star in the sky….🌠

39. Arlene Stopps says:

I cried when I read that….so sorry💔

40. Lori Hope says:

Oh, Karen. I’m so sorry. Have been there, and will be there again.
    We put ourselves through this pain (again and again) because there’s a space in our hearts for these special beings.

There’s really nothing else to say, except that my heart hurts for you.

41. Doris Diane Beighley says:

Dear Karen, I know words can not describe or really comfort your pain; however, please know you’re never alone. I, too, have had to make that decision several times over the years, it was ( and is) never easy. You have my sincere sympathy. I pray you find new strength and comfort in the near future. Always.

42. Marlene says:

Sorry for your loss of Cleo. We did the same with our dog in March. The vet came to the house. That helped a great deal. Brodie had cancer and it was the only thing we could do for someone we loved. Sending hugs!!

43. Beckie says:

I’m very sorry for your loss. She was so pretty.

44. Gretchen says:

Such a painful and wrenching time—I’m so sorry. You did the hard thing out of love and care. {{❤️}} thoughts and prayers for peace

45. Cheryl Young says:

It’s the kindest and hardest thing we can ever do for our furry family. So sorry.

46. Meredith says:

Sorry. Seems harder somehow when the kitty had medical issues for a long time and you treat them. Some kind of bond forms that you don’t normally get with a My cat Roy passed away a few years ago at age 17, after 10 years of twice daily insulin shots. He was always so good about it, too. When it was time, I knew that I would never have a relationship with a cat like that again. And I haven’t.

47. Heather says:

Sending cyber-hugs your way. It’s hard to lose a beloved friend. xo

48. Susan says:

Karen, your spirits are joined. Cleo is well loved and had the best of life with you.My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you today. Feeling so sad.

49. Mary C says:

Oh Karen , I’m so sorry. You gave her an amazing life and it’s so hard to let them go. It’s the worst pain, they take a piece of our hearts with them.