I’m not back. But the Chickens are.

Well hello all.  It’s me.  Karen.   From The Art of Doing Stuff.  You may remember me.

Regular posts will be returning in a week or so.  What with me being gone and Charles in Charge being cancelled, I was worried you were getting bored.  So I have some entertainment for you.

I’m not back, but the chickens are.

You may notice the large box with the chicken in it just to the right.  You can come back here any day until my return and click on the box to watch video of the chickens live.

arrow

Lest you think watching chickens isn’t as entertaining as my regular posts, I would like to point out that chickens eat food off each others faces.

The camera will be up from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. E.S.T.  Maybe.  Probably.  Give or take a few hours.  Shit, I don’t know.  Quit bugging me.

Enjoy and see you soon.

1. Shawna says:

So sorry for your loss and I hope that you’re getting stronger everyday. Sending you good thoughts.

2. Adele says:

So nice to see you back, I have been worried about you. Hang in there Karen :)

3. Cathy in Colorado says:

I’m glad you are coming back; missed you!

4. taria says:

looking forward to seeing you again. I just noticed Costco (US at least) has chicken coops for sale in their ‘pets’ listings. A reveiw of those might be an interesting idea for the blog. nothing like your beautiful coop but certainly easy! be well Karen.

5. Jcrn says:

Since you wondered, out of curiosity, about someone’s book suggestions, I have two:

1. Where’d You Go, Bernadette? I laughed so hard at some parts that my sides ached. A Novel.

2. Wild:From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest. Nonfiction. Gutsy stuff.

Then there is a wonderful book written by naturalist Elizabeth Marshall Thomas, someone who went against the grain to drop out of Smith College and joined her parents to live among the Bushmen in The Kalahari Desert, back in the days when people didn’t even know if this was possible – or safe.

This trip set the course of her life and the book took me far from my own presumptions about life.. It was riveting. It changed my perspective and values.

The book is: A Million Years with You: a Memoir of Life Observed. But it is also partly a tale of a woman who persevered against great hardship.

6. Another Karen says:

Glad to see you’re coming back again. It was a shock to read your last post, but as everyone else has said: We miss you, we’re here for you, and life *does* get better. xo

7. Sally says:

Yippee!!! I have been very concerned about you. Funny how one can care about someone they’ve never met! This is my first post. I refrained from sending you the cliché’s, (that was hard, because my heart really broke for you – you’re too sweet and wonderful to be done wrong – well you’ve got me fooled anyway :o)) but I DID want to tell you that this whole thing has effected me deeply. It’s like when they broke up on Mad About You…horrible. So please, for my sake, heal quickly! Ha! :o) J.K. Take your time. We can wait.

Sally – Lol. Thank you! I’m happy you commented. I’m fine. Aside from the odd breakdown I’m healing quite nicely. I’m working away on posts at this very minute as a matter of fact (and you’re the first to know) regular posts will start up again on Monday. ~ karen!

• Sally says:

Excellent! Looking forward to it!

P.S. I recently found out that you can cuddle a chicken. What? So I have a new-found like for them. I may actually think twice before enjoying their yummy yummy goodness.

P.P.S. My Dad grew up poor on a farm in El Paso, Texas and had a chicken named Slop Ears. (Please…I really don’t know) According to history, he was delicious. Poor Slop Ears.

8. Chau says:

Hi Karen, just want to say hi and looking forward to reading your blog again. Take care.