Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

Beautiful historic red brick cottage surrounded by picket fence decorated for Christmas at night.

I just wanted to make a quick appearance in your inbox today to wish you a Merry Christmas. I am currently full of Christmas Eve festivities food and yet am still looking forward to a classic Christmas dinner of turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes at my sister’s house later today.

My whole family will gather there, some new members and some old. Chances are we’ll squabble and it will be hectic.  Most of us will eat too much and if history is any indication one of us will accidentally set something on fire.  A napkin, a set of false fingernails … whatever.

As wonderful as Christmas day is, Boxing Day is the day I most look forward to most.  It’s the one day a year when I actually do find it easy to relax.  I usually don’t get dressed, I DEFINITELY don’t leave the house and I eat Christmas Eve scraps for dinner.  I’ll probably binge watch something ridiculous in between napping as well.

I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking an imposter has taken over Karen’s blog and I must notify her immediately.  Not true. It really is me and I really am going to relax allllll of Boxing Day.

Hopefully that’s something you can do too.

Like I said, I just wanted to take a minute to wish you a Merry Christmas and thank you for being a part of my little blog all year long.

1. Jacquie Gariano says:

Addendum: My New Year “goal” is to stay abreast of your blogs and not miss a single one.

2. Jacquie Gariano says:

A belated Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope your Boxing Day was all you planned. I love the look of your house. So Currier & Ives.

3. Maryanne says:

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year šŸ™‚ As always – thanks for sharing!

4. Markus says:

Your a true found blessing in jeans
    Happy Holiday and festive solstice Miss Karen from wine country

5. Marie says:

Your wonderful craziness keeps me sane. Thank you.

6. Jan in Waterdown says:

Cheers to Boxing Day, my favourite of the year. Hope your’s lives up? down? to your expectations!

7. Bruce Cisco says:

Merry Christmas and Best of 2019 to you!

8. Melissa says:

Merry Christmas. Thanks for all you do.

Iā€™m looking forward to the gardening & outdoor posts that will be coming soon

Writing this on Boxing Day and still in my comfies. In a few hours, Iā€™m going to introduce my children to the concept of Boxing Day, and we will fill many boxes.

May 2019 be a year of simplifying šŸ˜Š šŸ™šŸ¼

9. Miriam Mc Nally says:

But,,,,if an impostor took over your blog, they would say ‘it really is me, Karen’, wouldn’t they?

Merry Christmas Karen! Enjoy your day of not getting dressed!

10. Emma says:

Enjoy Karen, and thank you for all your great posts in 2018. Looking forward to learning & laughing along with you in 2019!

11. Karen says:

Merry Christmas. Boxing Day is our big family get together. When both my brothers got married my folks decided to make it easier on them by loaning them to their in-laws on Christmas Day and shifting our celebration. There’s no who-goes-where-and-when battles and we usually have a non-traditional buffet because we’re all turkey’d out.

12. Jani Wolfe says:

Merry Christmas Karen!
    There were many nights that I would be up crying over the loss of my 21 year old grandson. Then your Email would pop up and it always made me laugh and feel better.
    Thank you!