Kittens and laughs! Kittens and laughs!

It’s a holiday in Canada so this will be a shortened post to allow more time for me to garden.   Or sleep.  Or teach my cats to Zumba.    But even though it’s a shortened post, it packs a LOT of punch.

Coming right up,  two photos that include nudity and swearing.  So if you’re offended by either of those things here’s a picture of a kitten running in a meadow.

kitten-in-meadow

MY LATEST VIDEOS

Now go away because nudity and swearing are coming right up and I wouldn’t want to offend your delicate sensibilities. And even more than that, I don’t want to listen to you complain in the comment section.

Pay attention because I want to know which you think is funnier.

cougar-in-a-tree

Or …

honey-do-list

Vote now.  Cougar or Honey-do?

I vote Honey-do.  Hands down.  Because the truth is always funnier than fiction.

1. Debbie says:

Honey Do all the way!!!

2. Linda J Howes says:

Cougar! It made me guffaw, Honey-Do, just made me sigh.

3. yipee says:

honey do, no doubt

4. Melissa in North Carolina says:

Funny and oh so true, the Honey-do list. It’s so true it hurts!!!!

5. Cindy says:

Honey-do, without a doubt. And it’s not because the hubby wouldn’t do it – it’s just that he wants to wait and do it the right way. I just want it done, and I don’t care if it’s done the right way! There are a wealth of things around our house that I’ve fixed with hot glue and craft paint and velcro.

6. Karen P says:

I’ve got the best hubby ever so the 2nd one doesn’t apply here at all. Between us, I’m the one who is the slacker, and that doesn’t make me laugh… ever. Now the cougar is funny (not like ROFL funny) but good for a smile. I totally agree with the others that the specimen they located isn’t old enough to count as a real cougar. I hope for that woman’s sake that the pic was photoshop’d cause that bark has to hurt like hell!!! I’d like to suggest a weekly post with the theme Nudity and Swearing! for those of us who aren’t limited to cute kitten pics for enjoyment. 🙂

• Pam says:

You can’t have the best hubby, cause I do…. 🙂 But glad to know there are two of us who feel that way. We have a joint list of projects that we DO together 🙂

• Maria says:

Are you absolutely sure you two don’t have the same ‘best hubby?’ Just askin’ 🙂 (That’s a funny just in case anybody got offended. But THAT happened to my cousin, who found out about 18 years into her marriage and 3 kids, that her husband had another family, complete with kids)!

7. Vanessa says:

The cougar is funnier (I literarlly LOL’d) But the honey do shit is SO TRUE!!!

8. gogothrift@etsy.com says:

def Honey – do
    copying and sending to all my girlfriends who f-ing know it’s true

9. Pam says:

Found your blog via Pinterest while searching for backyard makeover ideas… #1 is funny because I know it will make my hubby laugh. #2 is funny because at our house we have ONE list of things to do and we do them together. Spent the last two days building new stairs with LED lights for our deck. Today we will plan our water feature (waterfeature into pond) beside the deck. What a wonderful way to spend Victoria Day (yes also in southern Ontario) with my honey – DOing stuff together 🙂

10. taria says:

cougar. the honey do woman just choose poorly when she married and then failed to train him properly. She gets a big fat fail in my opinion. Many women have broken husband-pickers. The results are pretty bad.

• Tracey Enright says:

taria, your comment was the only comment in 60 that blames the wife for having a husband that chooses to do nothing….and it made me sad. Lots of men do all kinds of things to impress before you marry, then expect the wife to do everything after a couple of years. It’s not my job to “train” him.

Karen, I love the kitten pic, and the cougar. The comments from some on the honey do list at least made me feel like I’m not the only one who has to do everything myself. But thank goodness for your blog to teach me how to do all kinds of things….again, thank you for giving me the confidence and for sharing your knowledge with us. You are my hero!!!! Xo I hope you’ve been having a lovely May 2-4 weekend!

• taria says:

If you can’t tell the difference between a man that is trying to impress you from a good caring thoughtful man that is sad. We don’t have a honey do list. We each work together as a team to get things done. We both do it all, pretty much. I chose well and some luck was thrown in also. Too many women are afraid to have reasonable expectations for men in their lives. I have gotten tired of seeing women that spent years trying to be the right wife for the wrong husband. It is sad to see women thinking so little of themselves to put up with a crappy man rather than none.

11. Deva says:

Honey-do. If you want something done, do it yourself.

12. Laura N. says:

Well, I am a traditional kinda gal. Can’t do much when it comes to maintenance. Cougar is funnier.

13. Nadine says:

the kitten is the best!

14. Twyla says:

Honey do definitely. I do love the cougar, but I am a DIYer, so love the honey do. 🙂

15. susan w says:

That is NOT a cougar – far too young. Nothing is drooping over sides of branch.
    THAT would be funny (if it weren’t so true)

16. Marion says:

Oh the Honey-Do for sure. But as some others have pointed out, the cougar photo is pretty hilarious! Hope you’re enjoying your holiday.

17. Kim C. says:

Honey-do for sure! I also chuckled after reading the quote that TusconPatty posted in the comments way up top there! Happens around here too often but if I didn’t laugh about it I’d be a raging nag and that’s just not as funny.

18. Thera says:

Honey-do Truth is always funnier than fiction.

19. paula says:

Honey do, for sure…story of my whole entire marriage 😉

20. Jennifer says:

Honey Do! Perfect. Everything my honey wants to repair must involve a CNC machine or some other overly complicated proceedure or it won’t get fixed. I’ll do it my fucking self then. The cougar was funny though!

21. Jeanne says:

I’m not much of a honey-doer, so the cougar is pretty funny…we occasionally have them roaming around near town (meaning in the suburbs – and there is the joke), so cougar jokes are pretty common at our house.

22. Nan Tee says:

Honey-do, definitely. 🙂

23. Leslie says:

Yeah … Honey Do for sure.

24. Jan In Waterdown says:

OK so maybe I’m not normal (whatever that is) but the cougar one sure made me chuckle and the other one I’ve never experienced since my guy makes his own list and it’s sooo much longer than anything I would ever do! And he gets it done too. I’m the lazy procrastinating slob in our relationship. Oh dear did I finally admit that? In writing? oy

25. Valerie says:

Both.

Vacuum in the nude; especially comfortable for menopausal women.

26. Lynn says:

Wow Karen!, look at the pot you stirred!!

27. shauna says:

Honey Do but I skip the “honey” and just write To Do lists for both of us… then the shit gets done. : )

28. hahahahaha. Enjoy what is left of your long weekend Karen! Cheers.

29. Brenda J. Moore says:

There is something about a bit of sunshine that makes people just plain LOOPY!
    Public nudity and cussing belong in the home.
    Well posted Karen.
    Cheers.

30. Nancy Blue Moon says:

HONEY DO FOR SURE..Reality!!!

31. JBab says:

The Honey-Do List is it! That is so true!

32. Langela says:

Cougar! Very funny! My Honey does more than I do. He’s amazing! And he actually remembers my list and does it better than me most of the time. The rest of the time (basically cleaning) I’m just glad it’s done and don’t care if I do it better.

33. I am a big fan of the cougar only because I dont find the fact that I have to do most things myself funny. Specifically I have pnomnia and nothing got cleaned or done while I was sick and hubs was here. I was even out trying to edge my garden today with a slight fever because I am behind and shit doesn’t get done if I dont do it…. sorry for the vent.

34. Carol says:

Honey do definately. The other one makes me think of PETA and all of there antics. And PETA pisses me off!

35. Maureen Locke says:

I think the Honey Do one is the funniest.. by far.
    The Cougar one is only kind of funny to me. 🙂

36. janpartist says:

Honey-Do! If it can’t be fixed with Gorilla Glue, Round-up, or duct tape then he can’t begin to give me a hand, I never bother asking. PS-I even use Gorilla Glue better!!

37. nancy says:

Well, the Honey Do part used to be 200% true, but my new improved husband is the best. He gets more stuff done and done better, faster, neater and cleaner than me and it’s (usually) fun. I did have to explain how to use Gorilla Glue this past weekend.
    Happy Holiday!!!

38. Barbara says:

OMG Honey Do all the way….

39. Elizabeth Durham says:

Honey- do. Hands down. The other has been popping up on my Facebook page- but, that’s not a cougar, just a cougar cub.

40. Vicki says:

honey-do!

41. Nicki Woo says:

When I saw the first pic, I thought no way is the second gonna be funnier than the first.

But I gotta say, you’ve outdone yourself. Honey Do hit the ball straight out of the park!

42. Shauna says:

I think they’re both pretty dang funny, but the Honey-Do is true and therefore more funny. Plus, that is not a cougar! That little whipper snapper is the kind of little harpey that pisses off the cougars. Just sayin’.

43. Chau says:

Honey-Do.

44. sherri says:

I’m a sucker for puns, so absolutely the cougar. It did seem a bit apples to oranges comparison…pun vs funny motto on life….but either way, the cougar (and the cougar wannabe running through the meadow) made me SMILE!

45. steven says:

naked chick. naked always wins, but i’m a dude.

46. Bernard says:

e-Card wins hands down in the bear-laugh category;
    Naked wins the “Hmmmm, you don’t look old enough to be a cougar, so I’ll need to some identification when you find your pants” category; as well as the, “Dayummmn! That does not look comfortable for the sensitalia” category.
    As for the kitten, well – I actually prefer puppies. With floppy ears. But a nice lead-in for the oh so young cougar-to-be.

47. Honey -do, although I pay a handyman to do!

48. Laurinda says:

Definitely the Honey Do- it’s so us!

49. Linda says:

Getting naked and swearing always works with hubby. I can just imagine the look on his and the neighbors face if I were naked in a tree…Gawd!

50. Diane Amick says:

Sorry, my vote goes to cougar. I am one of the most fortunate females alive in that my honey-do list always gets done by honey. I’ve been training him for 44 years next month, and we have a great system worked out…I write it on his To-Do list in his 3 1/2 soon to be 4 1/2 bay workshop and then don’t mention it again. He does get to it…sometimes eventually, but that’s OK. I number things so he knows which are priorities for me and then I leave it alone. So far this system is working for me (and him). He’s great at laundry and loading the dishwasher too – not so much putting clean dishes away, but I’m happy!!!