Dancing Chicken Video.

I’ve owned backyard chickens for 5 months now.  Last week I finally got an egg.  “An” being the operative word.  Eggs aren’t exactly flying out of their asses at this point.

Good thing eggs aren’t the only thing chickens are good for.

They’re also excellent dancers and inherently helpful. The chicken dance with real chickens.

Chickendance

Chicken Dance

Dance of the chickens, in A minor.

1. TracyMB says:

I’m hoping the costumer is by before their next performance. I’m seeing them in tutus…

2. Kate says:

Just had eye surgery. Watched chicken vid. Laughed so hard, I popped a stitch. Thanks, Karen; it was SO worth it!!!

Kate – I am hoping with all my heart that’s true. If it is … and I ever go on a talk show … I’m gonna tell the story of the girl who popped a stitch. ~ karen

3. mimiindublin says:

I was wondering why they were jumping, lol!

4. Langela says:

Hey Karen! I’m glad someone else enjoys chickens as much as we do. They provide entertainment and I thought we’d just get eggs. At this point we’d keep them if they didn’t lay any eggs. It’s so relaxing to just sit and watch and listen to them sometimes.

5. Linda says:

Ha ha thats so funny. Hop hop. Maybe we should hop once in a while.

6. Sarah says:

best.lunch.break.ever.

7. Celia says:

Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard! You’re so funny!d

8. Marcy K. says:

Great video!

At the end of it the Ads By Google popped up with: “What really attracts men” and “How to BBQ chicken.” Now I’m uncomfortable.

Marcy – Makes perfect sense to me. I’m not sure however, if it’s dancing chickens or BBQ chicken that attracts men. Depends on the man I spose. ~ k!

9. Stacy Curran says:

Hilarious! Can’t understand why you’re not getting eggs though. My friend with chickens get several every day. Love your chicken’s names
    Stacy

10. PoopsieRenee says:

You are weird. I like you. I am pretty sure we are related… or at least the same brand of weird.
    Hilarious.

11. Janelle says:

Bravo! Did you know chickens get lice?

12. Susan says:

OMG, I love chickens. And you because you “get it”!!! Thank you for sharing!!

13. Nancy says:

OMG Karen…I just found out I have to put MORE money into my crappy car..and then I opened this..Thanks once again for brightening my day..I can’t stop watching your beautiful little ballerinas..you are so making me want a couple of my own..more for the entertainment than the eggs..the eggs would be an extra benefit..plus I live in the country so..no problems..Thank you, Thank you, Thank you..now I must go watch these lovelies again…!

14. Micol says:

Tu sei brava!!!

15. christine says:

My husband noticed there seemed to be a plethora of free chickens(NOT to be eaten) on Kijiji.I put the blame all on your shoulders.You make chickening too much fun!Of course when the poop starts piling up the city slickers start looking for a chicken rescue organization.We have forwarded your address to them.And CHCH will be there tonight to interview you for the 6 oclock news.It’s so exciting,you’re going to be on air again!!!

16. Your Angelwing Begonias are sufferin’!!! Great footwork though.

17. Ha! You have MAD videography skills!

18. Beth says:

Ah yes, the chicken dance. When I had chickens the little buggers danced all over my garden and ate my tomatoes. Good times.

19. Cheryl in Wisconsin says:

A cinematographical masterpiece.

20. Jen says:

While shopping at my local farmers market this past Sat. a couple of chickens got loose. There was a small man with a big net trying to catch them. Chickens are very spry and tricky, just wondering if you have a net? You know… just in case.

Funny video. Made me laugh.