The Following Photo May be Disturbing to Some Readers … heh.

Friday’s have become a bit of a playground around here at The Art of Doing Stuff.  A day for ridiculousness.  ‘Cause we all need a bit of ridiculousness in our lives.  Unless that ridiculousness comes in the form of  Rob Schneider.  Or harem pants.   That kind of ridiculous we can do without.  At least I can.

Today is Caption This day on The Art of Doing Stuff.

I would  like for you to take a look at the following photo and then think up a caption for it.  I think it’s best if I don’t provide you with any background on the photo because I don’t want to influence your caption at all.  Suffice it to say this is a bit of a departure for me, and the following photo may be disturbing to some readers.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

Caption This …

Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Best caption as judged by me, the fella, a random stranger, my cats and a ball of dryer lint … wins an Art of Doing Stuff tea towel!

Captions accepted until Sunday, April 29th at midnight.

Have a good weekend!

*Comments are now closed*

1. Matthew says:

1) Karen to the Fella: “Hurry up and take the damn picture.”

or

2) Says the Fella: “I thought your Marty McFly (Back To The Future) air-guitar tryouts were next week.”

2. Lillian L says:

‘give me a second,your breakfast won’t be late’

3. Gayla T says:

In the Fella’s sweetest voice, “How many times do I have to tell you I don’t want a band-aid?” (good thing I already have a towel, huh? LOLOLOL 1. I can’t believe how many of your fans don’t sleep at night. 2. This seems to be a secret meeting place for the home version of Comedy Club. There are some really funny captions. I’m going to have to come back later and see what’s been added. However, this will not be the day I tell my family and friends that I have found this really great do it yourself site they should all check out. LOLOLOL

4. Karen J says:

Caption-
    Col. Mustard with the candle stick found in the conservatory.

Subtext-
    Miss Scarlett found dead at her Tudor Mansion. Her body was found at the foot of the cellar stairs by Prof.Plum.
    The cause of death has not yet been determined, but there are plenty of likely objects around the mansion that could have been used…

5. Denise says:

As I wrote once before, your readers comments are at least half the fun of your site and just like chicken coop building, I won’t be trying this one, but love to watch you do it!

6. Karen Boreham says:

Teflon stair skids, not as effective as you might think.

7. Shirley says:

Not *quite* the Grand Entrance Karen had planned for …

8. Deb says:

Karen fall down go boom!!!
    Sorry, that’s the best I could do!! 😉

9. Eileen says:

Karen, ever ready to demonstate a new technique for her Followers, attempts to fall down the stairs….from bottom to top.

10. Carole says:

Does my bum look big like this?

11. Amy Schmucker says:

Break Dancing comes back into style… With new comfort relaxed Fashion.

12. gloria says:

*This is not a caption. If it were, it would be the lamest one ever.* Midnight always confuses me. Do you mean Sunday going into Monday midnight or Saturday going into Sunday midnight?

Gloria – You’re right it is confusing. Technically I should have said Monday at midnight. So how about we go with Sunday night at 11:59 p.m. is the deadline? ~ karen!

13. Amy McNamara says:

“don’t ever where those pajamas again, B*tch!” (thump thump thump groan)

14. Fallen: A life-like sculpture.
    Part of an exhibition at a local orthopedic office.

Hope you weren’t hurt.

15. marilyn says:

im not leaving a caption..i still dont have my first tea towel..and besides i cant think of anything.

16. bex says:

“Calm down fella…yes, its this floor board…the chickens are definitely hiding under this floorboard”

17. Jen heicklen says:

“Son, your father and I used to find great pleasure in this position. Make sure your wife gets her hip just like this. Here, let me show you.”

18. This week, Karen Bertelsen’s beautifully posed body was found eaten by a brood of chickens. Much of the woman had been nibbled by her pets after a staircase-related accident weeks ago. “She loved those chickens so much. She spent half her time feeding them. And then videoing it. I suppose they had a big appetite,” said a neighbour.

19. Monica says:

Curse you, hardwood, and your expensive price tag!

20. Beth says:

The man on the pj’s had his way with me.

21. Stacy says:

What??? I’m just chillin…..

22. Arlene says:

Karen rethought her original idea of dusting the stairs with her old body builder flannel p.j.’s — realizing, after it was too late, that it would have worked out better for her if she took them off first!

23. christine says:

Why didn’t Karen listen when the fella said,”Please don’t wake me again”? I know that is a little sick.Smirk.

24. Kerri says:

Finally, with the antenna taped and extended from her right foot, another half millimeter lift of her finger and a tin foil hat carefully placed on the Fella’s head with a half twist to the left.. Karen was able to enjoy perfect reception on her new-to-her antique television set. “Ah, childhood.. hello old friend.”

25. “Work Hard & Play Hard”

26. ev says:

Proof that “Beefcake” pj’s are not all that safe after all!

27. Celine says:

I’m sexy and I know it!

28. Lisa says:

“In Florida we call that ‘hang-ten with a twist’ but usually it’s done in a bikini, with a board & in the ocean!”

I do so hope you are OK & the Fella kissed your boo boos & put you back together again!

29. Lisa says:

Perhaps the Dollar Store is NOT the best place to buy stair treads.

30. Nathalie Sutherland says:

Karen to Fella…

“Ooh I see what you mean….we should fill in that crack under the baseboard.”

(Now if only there was a way of going back in time to see the Fella when he noticed the problem;)

31. Pam says:

“Can you pass me my wine, I can’t reach it from here”

32. Maggie V says:

I like to be the centre of attention. So what? You gotta problem with that?

33. Sandy says:

“I knew these ugly steps would be the death of me!”

Sorry….but I am thinking they need jazzing up. Hope I didn’t hurt any feelings.

LOL. Um, no. No feelings hurt. I ripped the disgusting carpet up from the stairs when I redid my house a few years ago and *still* need to have a custom runner made for them. Time and money. Whenever I have one … I don’t have the other. ~ karen

• Sandy says:

I know the feeling! I really did hesitate sending that caption because I didn’t want to appear rude or ugly. It was what come to mind because I have the same issues in my old home! Never enough of money, time or something. Love your post and sense of humor! Sandy

• beverly h says:

Ah, yes… but think of all the time and money you would save on Emergency Room visits.

34. Deborah says:

I know, it looks as though Karen fell down the stairs, right? Well, she was just giving the floor a hug!

35. Renee says:

The strangest thing was that the pajama bodybuilders had been lined up in rows before Karen took that fall.

36. Nora says:

“You know I’ll try anything. But break-dancing UP the stairs is harder than I thought.”

37. Mary says:

This is how you do Stair Surfing.

38. White says:

Is my slip showing?

39. Jules says:

“I warned you Karen! Im REALLY getting sick of this!”

(visual of gorgeous, defined muscular arms pushing feeble Karen down the stairs)

“This is what you get for turning that #%&*ing camera on me while Im sleeping!”

40. paula says:

“watch out for that first step – it’s a doozy”

41. Leslie says:

The Fella’s Payback…no one films attempts at bandaging while he sleeps anymore.

42. cindy says:

suck it; i’m still pretty in pink…….

43. Suzanne says:

Sorry, no caption, but HOLY CRAP – I thought I was the only one with those AWESOME pyjamas!!!! Mine are so worn out that I have to ration their use for “special occasions”.

44. Jillian says:

Muscle man pj’s take out woman. Detectives baffled.

45. Joan says:

Ballet practice gone array.

46. Debbie says:

After a day of gardening in her pink-flannel-muscle-man pajama’s, Karen mysteriously is found lying in a heap at the bottom of the stairs… and The Fella is nowhere to be seen.

47. Val says:

Having had a particularly bean-heavy menu this week, Karen’s flatulence has reached inhuman levels of strength and is starting to result in dire physical consequences.

• Beth says:

I really wish I could win, cause I’d love a towel – but VAL – I was in TEARS from laughing at your post!!! I hope you win, this would soooo work in our house (if we had stairs!)Toooooo funny!!! Whether it’s Karen’s posts and/or comments from other “blog-stalkers” such as myself – I never leave here without a laugh!! Thanks!

• Sherry says:

Like #2… oh… ha ha get it

48. Sarah says:

Suck it gravity!!!

49. Kim says:

The Art of Doing STAIRS.

(Karen, was this first thing in the morning or on your way to bed?!)