The Most Beautiful Baby in the World!
Turned into a Halloween Craft.

Ugly Doll 9

Wait.   What I meant to say was the ugliest doll in the world.  Not the most beautiful baby.  Sorry.  My mistake.

He/she looks quite disturbing.  I am disturbed.

Ugly Doll 1

I was in my local thrift store looking for glass eyes for a Halloween project I’m working on and came across this gal.   She’s/he’s a beaut, isn’t she/he?

Ugly Doll 2

Plus she (we’re gonna go with she from here on in) has a stretchy  head.

The doll had the eyes I was looking for, but smaller than I wanted.  I plunked down the change and took her anyway.  I figured I could do something with her.

Something like this …

Ugly Doll 3

Ugly Doll 4

Which left me with this …

Ugly Doll 6

Which with the addition of a glow stick inside … gave me this.

Onto the bookshelf she will go until Halloween night when she’ll be set somewhere in the grass just off the path to my front door.

The lesson here … I started out with one idea, and ended up with something entirely different.  Quite frankly … something better.  Probably 2 of the creepiest Halloween decorations I’ve ever come up with.

So if you ever find  yourself in a similar situation where you can’t quite get what you want … don’t worry … something better really will come along.  You may not be as lucky as me … finding a grungy, broken, hideous doll … but something equally good will come to you.

I got the idea for glowing eyes from a glow stick off the same post on the Internet many of you have probably seen.  It involves a toilet paper roll, cutting eyes out of it and setting a glow stick inside.

As far as I can tell the idea originated here.

I of course had to take it one step further.

One step closer to disturbed.

1. Jill says:

That is freaky! Love the idea.

2. Gayla T says:

Really? I think the doll with stretchy skin is weirder than the eyes gone and a glow stick. What kind of doll is stretchy??? My God! What next???

3. Barbie says:

LOVE IT! but yes it is a bit disturbing ha ha ha! …but I still LOVE it

4. My Texas Table says:

Why does Sid from Toy Story 1 come to mind??

5. Jennifer says:

Love! I think playing a scratchy old record with kids singing is pretty creepy. It would go nicely with your head.

6. Dory Gardner says:

So very disturbing…I actually was taken aback at first then laughed at myself how creeped out I was!

7. Marti says:

I’d give you my standard, “Yes, it’s all fun until someone puts an eye out,” but… that appears to have been the point!

Good job. Make Fella take pictures of you running saw sometime, huh? If the abs are still taut, you could have a whole other industry. haha!

8. Marti says:

This was definitely worth clicking here for. How fun. Did you take a buzz saw to little Dolly’s head?

9. qtpuh2tme says:

Someone said, “…creeptastical…!” They weren’t just whistlin’ Dixie! Sick!!! (In a creeptastical way, of course.) ~;0)

10. Tigersmom says:

The fact that you take things “one step further, that one step closer to disturbed,” is one of the main reasons I read you.

That, and that you make me laugh my a** off on a regular basis.

I must know. Were the doll’s eye sockets that jacked up when you bought it or was that from removing the skin from the head (that last bit was really strange to type BTW)?

Nope … that’s how it was when I removed the skin. Ew. ~ karen

• Tigersmom says:

Wow! Well, that would explain why this little beauty was at the dollar store.

I actually think you improved the looks of this doll from homely and sad to cool and creepy and capable of scaring the crap out of someone.

Well done!

11. Shauna says:

F’ing brilliant!!! Kids will be so scared to walk up to your door! And really, that’s what Halloween is all about right? We usually have that house on the block. The one where, at first, the kids think it’s cool, but after a couple of days, are so freaked out that a skeleton is going to actually come alive, have to cross the street rather than walk directly in front of our house to get to their own house.

Brilliant!