The Prince & the Bandaid
A Video

There once lived a wounded prince and a helpful princess.  Who always did as she was told. Always. As all princesses should.

And the moral of this story?   If someone offers to help you, graciously accept.  You’ll both get a better night’s sleep because of it.

1. Erica Filpi says:

The poor Fella.

Ya know I was expecting a British accent.

2. Dru says:

omg. we love y’all.

3. Dana says:

you are too funny – “…so you don’t want me to fix your finger?”

4. Sherri says:

Even in his slumber stupor your fella knew what was best for a wound in the thick of the night. It needed a chance to breathe and will heal faster now. Bandage during the day and take it off at night. He’s one smart fella!

5. dana says:

At 2:53, sound of tearing bandaid wrapper made me laugh out loud! That wound needed tending to. I’m sure even Florence freaking Nightingale got kicked in the crotch a few times whilst ministering to the injured. I think HRH is hilarious!

6. Patricia says:

Wow! He was so polite. My husband always wakes up like Bruce Lee — he actually holds his hands up “karate” style and mumbles some unknown threat. Hee hee

7. Nancy says:

Oh Karen..I think I would be locking up your camera at night..you bad..LOL…Sorry I am very late tonight..

8. Anemone says:

Go away with your flash…BAHAHAHAHAH…that’s too funny…

9. Shauna says:

OMG! My husband would kill (if he were even sleeping at that time), there would be no end of screaming profanities in my direction and pillow throwing to try to break the bright light. Your fella is the most polite ol’ gentleman I’ve ever seen. That was hilarious. I imagine with every please, he was plotting his revenge for two hours later;)

Shauna – He swears more at the breakfast table over not being able to find the maple syrup right in front of him. Maple syrup seems to bring out the swearer in him. ~ karen

10. susan w says:

Fella has some seriously nice nails. Either they are extremely healthy (CrossFit can’t improve fingernails, can it?) or very well maintained (they even look buffed – not buff – but buffed ).
    Shiny

11. Libby says:

It was his fault for asking you to apply the bandage, and I would have done the exact same thing as you (with similiar results). Actually, these sorts of shenanigans happen at our house all the time, as my fella will be the first to tell you.

12. Sondra says:

So funny! I agree with the others, I can’t believe how polite he is. I certainly wouldn’t be that polite. I also love your reply that this shows what a great relationship you and the fella have. Love it! Did I spy a Stephanie Plum book? Love that series, can’t wait for the movie to come out in 2 weeks! Love your blog, love you. Keep on keepin’ on.

Really? There’s a movie? LOL. I had no idea a movie was coming out. I’ve read them all up until the most recent. At this point, I’m pretty sure I could write a Stephanie Plum novel myself if I had to! ~ karen

• Sondra says:

I could definitely see you writing books similar to Stephanie Plum. What I love best about the series is that I laugh out loud while reading it. And I do the same thing with your blog (that’s a compliment). I would totally read your books!

13. Rachel says:

Hearing the Fella’s ACTUAL voice and seeing words that he ACTUALLY typed is like a bumping into the Polka Roo without the head portion of his costume. You’re excited to finally see him, but the mystique is shattered!

Rachel – Funny! Love Polka Roo. The Fella’s been on the blog a fair amount. He’s in a few videos and there’ve been many pics. The Opening a Wine Bottle video is the first that comes to mind. ~ karen!

14. Marti says:

Dear Fella.

Well. She did say you were a Prince, didn’t she? ;)

15. Lanie Fox says:

did you know this post would be controversial? i was surprised!

LOL. Nope. Didn’t see that coming. It’s interesting that other people think they know what’s best for me, my blog and my relationship. I’d say this video is proof of the great relationship between the fella and I. Not the other way around! It’s kind of cute people are so concerned about the fella. ~ karen

16. Larita says:

Doesn’t seem any point in commenting since everybody else already said what I was going to. That was almost painful to watch, though I giggled through most of it. Can’t believe how polite he is with all the “please”. How did he not clobber you by the second or third time?

17. Jen says:

karen…..please remove the comment by Gayle T. Please.

18. Susan says:

I don’t blame you! You poor sucker! She is like a bad smell she keeps coming back! Or a hangnail you keep trying to bite off! So we won’t encourage her… too much! But you have to admit you are one polite bugger! You even said please! I am still laughing! What would happen to him Karen if you dripped cold water on his hand….oh never mind you’d have to wash the sheets!

19. Sheila B says:

Can’t catch my breath! Laughing too hard! I’m a bit relieved as I thought only my husband was like that at night. But Fella was quite kind, actually. I probably would been popped upside the head on the 3rd attempt. LOL! Karen, you better look out. Unless he really, really is that nice…. ;-)

20. Fella says:

Readers,

I’m glad that you were all entertained by Karen’s midnight mischief but I wish you people would stop encouraging her. Luckily no one was injured in the making of this video and I did approve it prior to it being posted, this time. No one’s safety and or manners can be guaranteed if this happens again.

Amused after the fact Fella

• Laura says:

Something makes me think that our encouragement is not needed to keep Karen going!

• Violet says:

I dunno … if this many people were drooling over how darn cute and polite and adorable I was, I’d quit my day job and command my Princess to annoy me on video 24 hours a day.

21. Amy in StL says:

OMG, how in the world did you keep a serious voice/face? You’re so earnestly helpful. This was so hilarious – really even more so due to your reaction at the 4:30am wake up!

22. janey says:

lmao! hes adorable when he’s all sleepy-cranky!!! this was great thanks for sharing.

23. but NOT BY ASKING QUESTIONS IN MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!

24. oh my GOD he’s so polite! I’d kill you, slowly, for doing that!
    Love him!
    BTW, would love his views (sometime) on good customer service!

25. Annie says:

I suspect this isn’t the Prince’s first foray into “Life With The Princess and Camera” and he’s still around. Lighten up, folks.

26. carolmcc says:

ha! you are one sick girl.

27. Laura says:

I am at work (on lunch thank goodness) and cannot stop laughing! That was priceless! I hope that the fella appreciates just how helpful you are!! Love it!

28. In the words of Dr. Seuss himself…:-))))….

“We are all a little weird, and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose Weirdness is compatible with ours, We join up with them and fall in Mutual weirdness and call it LOVE.

Hahaha…too funny. Keep laughing and having some weird ass fun .

Hah! By the way … I went to your site yesterday and saw the “professional” pics of your house. Beautiful. I highly suggest people go look at it. VERY nice. Didn’t have time to leave a comment. I was probably bothering a family member at the time or something. ~ karen

• Ahhh shucks thanks Karen !!!!! You make me laugh out loud all the time.
        You are my all time favourite blogger and I gotta confess…my blog mentor…
        Look you have a title!! Princess Blog Mentor…
        Humbly,
        Your blog goddess follower. haha. Do you like how I called myself a goddess ? xx