Would you choose THIS or THAT?

Let’s all snuggle into dreamland for a moment shall we?

If given the choice …

And if money were no object ..

Which of these 3 things would you pay someone to do?

Cleaning Text

Cleaning

Cooking Text

Cooking

Laundry Text

Laundry

Me?  Oh golly.  I wouldn’t want to lose any of these chores.  I just love doing them all.  They make me feel fulfilled and like my family needs me and I get such a rush of accomplishment after a good floor scrubbing.

Golly.

Gee.

Willikers.

Not only are my pants on fire, I’m happy about it because it means I won’t have to wash them.

And your choice is …. ?

1. Paula says:

If money was no object, I would HAVE to have all three done for me – who can choose between such heinous chores? In addition, I would also like a driver and a personal trainer. And a pony. Definitely can’t forget the pony.

Thanks for the momentary dream, Karen!

2. Jennifer says:

If i HAD to pick one it would be the cleaning. I get sick of vacuuming the same paths and dusting the same crap. Over and over. Although some cleaning folks use the same rag to clean the toilets as they do the kitchen counters! So I’d rather do it myself and know that I’m not eating commode cooties :P

3. Cleaning all the way. In fact, if someone wants to come over right now, that would be great. We’ve been shingling our roof, and last night I finally did dishes and laundry for the first time in a week–didn’t mind doing either. However, the bathroom, complete with shingle scum all over the tub, needs some serious help.

4. Christine says:

It would be cleaning for me, added bonus would be how happy my mother would be, she would have one less thing to complain about regarding my misspent life, and crazy priorities. I love to cook, it’s a calming, relaxing thing to do, especially after being with my mom. Oh My, did I say that out loud?

5. ruth says:

Oh cleaning without even hesitating a moment. For one year I had someone come in every two weeks and it was heaven, heaven, heaven.

6. Marion says:

I’m so particular that it would take me a while to get used to somebody doing any of that for me! I guess I would have to say cleaning though…would that include the initial organization part too!?

7. Nan Tee says:

I don’t know…cooking, my hubs takes care of; cleaning, I don’t actually mind doing; and laundry, we both end up doing, so we can hang it on the line.
    Hmmmm, guess none of the above. Have a great weekend, Karen and The Fella!

8. Melissa says:

Cooking…what a dream that would be!!!

9. KimS says:

cleaning…hands down. Laundry, I’m pretty picky about and I can do other things…You know what else about cleaning? It seems like one cleaning task leads to another–it’s never really done.

10. Bethany says:

Cooking! I have such good intentions…”Going to be healthy this week!” But, somehow, burgers end up on the grill or cupcakes in the oven.

I have a pretty god cleaning schedule, where I do little things every day, so that’s worked out well. Give me pre-made, healthy meals, I’d be so happy!

11. Jill says:

Definitely cleaning, definitely.

Love to cook and if I didn’t have to clean, I’d do it more often. Laundry, meh. Not horrible. I can drink wine and watch HGTV while I fold clothes.

12. heidi says:

CLEANING!!! Don’t think I haven’t looked into it. Unfortunately, where I live there are very few choices. Usually you have to find someone word of mouth and then you end up knowing the person which I find awkward. I did hire someone to clean our house before we moved in last year. Someone I knew. Figured if she did a good job I’d hire her on a more regular basis. AWFUL! And there wasn’t anything in the house yet!

13. Amanda says:

Cleaning, easy. My guy does most of the cooking (I’m a lucky girl), and I don’t mind laundry so much (I hate folding, though). Not sure I’d want someone else washing my unmentionables anyway…

14. Deborah says:

Hands down, Cleaning! However, I actually enjoy cleaning! What I don’t like is having it trashed in less than 5 minutes after I worked at cleaning it most of the day (yeah, for some reason, it now takes most of the day:) The Mister doesn’t “notice” his spills, dirty hands dried in the clean towel, trail of grass he tracks in or anything remotely related to being neat & clean. It just doesn’t bother him. I love clean & neat:) Sooo, the vision of having a good housekeeper is like winning the lottery!!!! (((awe…deep sigh)))

15. Sam says:

Cleaning, definately cleening! Every time I have to clean my beautiful black glass top gas range with stainless surround and 5 burners, I think “what ass-hole idiot designed this stupid thing–who the #*!- would put glass under iron with steel wrapped around it–how the !#*! Is anyone gonna get this thing clean?”. I’m ok again now, but god help anyone that leaves sauce to blip on my stove! And yeah, definately cleaning.

16. For me right now it’s the cooking! I love to clean my house in fact I’m one of the weird ones that takes absolute pleasure in making everything tidy and I will kill you if you put one thing out of place. But at this time of year with working a very physical job I’m done at the end of the day,and to come home to someone else cooking me dinner would be pure awesomeness!

17. Thera says:

Cleaning! Another full house here, 5 kids (4 at home), 5 cats, 1 dog, a turtle and a hubby. Plus the 20y/o’s bf and sometimes the 24 y/o bf AND we are the favourite house of the neighbourhood kids, so I usually have anywhere from 1 – 6 extra people running around. At least I don’t have to do their laundry and cooking for the crowd is also optional!!!

18. Teri says:

I don’t mind laundry because there is just the two of us. Cleaning I mainly do right before company and cooking I like to do but would love to have someone do occasional meals for us.. Which I guess already happens since we eat out so much…

19. Jamiek says:

laundry – especially if it includes the ironing!

20. Karin says:

I’m with Karen, all 3. Bleh!
    Now baking…baking I will do, which is different from cooking. Cooking is healthy and good for you. Baking lasts all week with the treats that make life more fun. :D

Karin

21. Joyce says:

Cooking. Even though I love to cook, I also love to eat someone else’s cooking.

22. Call Me Patty says:

Cleaning, definitely cleaning. I always pick up after myself, but it would be soooo nice to have someone come in and clean the toilets……and vacuuming. I HATE vacuuming. Oh and they better do the windows……

23. Kori says:

If Cooking means included the grocery shopping then definitely cooking ~ and only because I loathe food shopping! I love to bake and make snacks and pretty food but the every day meals… Puhhhh leeeeseee!

24. AmieM says:

Cleaning!

I love cooking, it’s my down time, and my creative time every day.

Laundry is good, too, because I love the smell and the cathartic feel of folding clean clothes.

25. Kay says:

YES YES and oh did I mention YES to the third? If I had a million dollars…….

26. Stacy says:

cleaning! I just had a cleaner come in for the first time when we went on vacation. Coming home to a sparkly clean house just made a good vacation Great!

27. ev says:

CLEANING CLEANING CLEANING! Don’t know anyone who “likes” to clean. If anyone does, I think it may be a sort of mental disorder, for real! Like, the opposite of hoarding?

28. Dee in BC says:

I hate cooking-I’m picky about cleaning & so prefer to do that chore myself. I gave the Hubby laundry duty years ago ( we both work full time) I realized he would do that chore ( unless he wants to wear dirty clothes to work).

29. mia pratt says:

I get help with all of these things, but at different times. Sometimes I can’t keep up with the house and I hire a friend with a small cleaning company. Sometimes I want to cook fabulous stuff but don’t have time to chop everything up, so I hire her to chop the crap out of everything I need for a gallon of salsa and a week’s worth of salad fixins’. Laundry? I get a little help there too, when the beds and towels all need to be done (think dog in the lake 3 times a day!). I think it’s great if you can do it all when it feels good and there’s time, but then let someone else share in the fun when you have other projects going on. Once I get into writing or working on a painting, I confess everything else can go to hell in a backpack pretty quickly so this prevents the sky from falling!

30. Chrissy says:

Cleaning. With four kids and two dogs, the cleaning never stops.

31. CLEANING!!!!!! My husband cooks and does the laundry because of my health, which I’m very appreciative. But he’s not a cleaner.

32. Patti says:

I live in a hundred year old rowhouse, which my husband (!!) and I rent. I love the house, but I find that it’s very, very difficult to keep looking clean. It still has the original hardwood floors and thick, darkwood doorframes and baseboards and everything, and I feel like they attract all kinds of debris. Even after I clean it, it doesn’t feel clean, you know? So I would definitely hire a cleaning lady.

Incidentally, I wonder what it would cost to get a cleaning lady in bi-weekly. A lot of people seem to have them, and when neither I nor my husband returns home from work until 7 at night, it would be a huge relief to have the major stuff done!

33. Tracy Stewart says:

Cleaning, for sure. Cooking would be great, too. I have a secret love of doing laundry. I think that’s why my husband married me:-)

34. Lori says:

Cleaning….I just hate to clean, especially the bathroom! I will haul all the dirty clothes down all those steps and the clean clothes up all those steps everyday (well maybe not every) before I would want to clean. Don’t get me wrong, I can run the sweeper when needed (prob less than I should) but cleaning the bathroom is terrible. I swear it’s the hangout spot of the house!

35. Cheryl in Wisconsin says:

Cleaning is boring. And the need for it is perpetual. I would hand that off to someone else in a heartbeat.

36. julie says:

cleaning cleaning cleaning cleaning. Even tho I’m famous in my family for my ‘job list,’ my house was NEVER all clean at the same time. Since Feb. when I cracked my pelvis [eh, little horse accident. Again.] I’ve had twice-monthly cleaning. I healed up long ago, but I surely am NOT giving up my cleaning woman. If it means faking a limp, so be it.

37. Jennifer G says:

CLEANING!!!! Didn’t even have to think about that one!!! I adore cooking and laundry isn’t so bad!

38. Jamieson says:

I already have a biweekly half-day cleaner to keep the house basically clean (and then you just need to touch up in between). I love doing laundry because MACHINES do the heavy lifting and I like the sorting part. I hang everything (shirts, t-shirts, pants, shorts), so it’s not much work on that end. Only negative part for me is that you are never truly done – e.g. the clothes on your back are a reminder of the continuing cycle.
    Cooking however is often a bugaboo for me. It takes a lot of effort to eat well. If someone could cook me my favourite healthy meals all the time, well I just don’t know!
    (Am I cheating because I already get most of the cleaning done? So sue me.)

39. Becca says:

Cleaning… hands down. I love cooking, especially when I know that somebody else, anybody else, will be cleaning the kitchen afterwards. And laundry isn’t so bad.

40. LoriD says:

Cleaning. I have a good system going for laundry and I like to cook and bake. But cleaning? I get no satisfaction from cleaning.

41. Jodi T. says:

Only ONE!?!?! If I Haaaaad to pick one, it’d be laundry. It’s a very dirty word to me. Yuck.

42. Deb says:

At one time I had 4 teenage girls in my house, I didn’t see the bottom of the laundry basket in 14 years. They are now in homes of their own and doing a weeks laundry in 2 or 3 loads is pure pleasure. I’m sure grilled cheese sandwiches count as cooking…so hands down, has to be CLEANING!!!

43. Jake says:

non of the above, not being a domestic diva. I will do anything and everything to avoid all of that stuff. No I do not have parts that dangle (House) or a bank a/c that will enable me to pay others. I just hate domestic anything and you will not see me on hoarders anytime soon.

44. Susan says:

Love to cook and 20-minute meals are fun. Laundry? No prob. My fella does that, and we don’t do ironing.

So send in the cleaning service!

45. Suzan says:

I am a freak. I like to clean, cook and I love to iron. I guess the thing I like the least is folding laundry so I would give up laundry if I had to choose.

46. Jessica says:

Cleaning! Hands-down. I actually like cooking (although I’m apparently slow at chopping, so my boyfriend usually gets frustrated with my pace and takes over the dicing steps…I need some better knife skills). I don’t like doing the laundry, but it doesn’t seem too bad, since it usually goes by pretty quickly. But as for cleaning…it just feels so endless. And sometimes gross.

47. Polly C says:

Oh fuggodsakes, cleaning. CLEANING. Come on. Cleeeeeeeeeaning. Cleaning. Cuhleaning. Cleaning.

48. Janine says:

Cleaning, no contest.

49. Leslie says:

Oh, cooking. I hate cooking.

50. It’s funny reading through the comments and seeing ‘laundry’ associated with ‘ironing’. I didn’t know that anybody ironed anything anymore. If it’s wrinkled, I just toss it back into the dryer with something damp and run it for about 10 minutes. Even when I’m on the road, I hang my wrinkled item in the bathroom, turn on the hot water, and close the door. Most the wrinkles are gone within 15 minutes. (I don’t leave the water running that long; just long enough to fill the room with steam.) Yep, I don’t think I even own an iron!