Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
The best Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte copycat recipe on the 'net. Plus you can store it in your fridge for 2 weeks.
- 1 cup of Pumpkin Pie filling this stuff is presweetened and spiced
- 1/2 cup of Condensed Milk Partly Skim/Low fat if you can find it is best
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 " of fresh ginger sliced into 4 pieces
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg quickly toast over medium heat for a few seconds
- 2 % milk
- Whipped Cream
Combine dark brown sugar with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Once sugar is dissolved add cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg and simmer until the syrup is the thickness of maple syrup. (it will thicken even more when it cools)
Put a lid on the saucepan and allow mixture to steep for half an hour.
Meanwhile, mix together 1 cup of pumpkin pie filling with 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
Once the syrup has steeped, strain out the whole spices, then mix it into the pumpkin and condensed milk.
Add 1 shot of espresso to coffee cup (1 ounce). Mix in 2.5 Tablespoons of the Pumpkin Syrup. Fill cup with 6 ounces of steamed 2% milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.