A Mexican inspired spice chicken recipe that not only nourishes you but helps to heal you too. Your bum specifically. I know, kind of gross to talk about when you're discussing food, but you have to take care of your whole self and that includes ... your bum.
I know you immediately want to know how this recipe can help your bum. Well, it's one of the spices in the recipe. Cumin. The Egyptian spice is also revered as an aphrodisiac. Which is super handy, because if you're suffering from Hemorrhoids you might need a bit of help getting in the mood for sexy time.
Oh! And in a stroke of fantastic luck, this spice that helps with hemorrhoids also helps with lactation. So when your pregnancy causes you to grow angry, burning balloon animals out of your bum, you'll at least be rewarded with leaking boobs.
So how are you going to get more cumin into your life so as to improve pretty much every aspect of it?
With Mexican Spice Rubbed Chicken. This recipe isn't necessarily "spicy" as in hot, it's spicy as in it has a lot of flavour.
This spicy chicken recipe takes little effort for lots of taste.
There's only 7 ingredients. Toasted cumin, coriander, garlic, pepper flakes, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice.
Just toast your cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan until they're all toasty. Remove them from the heat and crush them a bit (either in the pan if you're using cast iron or with a mortar and pestle.)
Add the spices back to the pan along with all the other ingredients. Rub the marinade all of the chicken then let it sit for at least an hour in the fridge. 'Cause piles only seem bad until you compare them to food poisoning.
After an hour or more, remove the chicken from the fridge and let it come to room temperature. Then you just have to pan fry it or grill it. If you're the grilling type you'll probably go with grilling. Because that's why you're the grilling type. Just make sure to drain off the excess marinade from the pan before cooking it.
I served it with some sliced avocado, sauteed kale and cherry tomatoes with a few wedges of pan fried sweet potatoes with cinnamon and nutmeg. Or if you could ignore the side dishes and just stand over the stove, grab the chicken with your hand and gnaw on it right there and then.
This standing around the pan thing is an especially helpful tip for those of you suffering with piles.
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon of whole cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of whole coriander
- 1 large handful of cilantro rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toast cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan over medium heat until toasty.
- Remove spices from heat and rough crush with mortar and pestle.
- Return spices to pan along with all other ingredients.
- Rub spice rub all over chicken.
- Cover and let marinate for at least one hour in refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Drain the excess marinade from the pan then cook as desired.
- *This recipe is for one chicken breast, so to make it for a family of 4, just quadruple all ingredients.
- *To be honest I never measure I just use lots of everything and rub it all over the chicken.