It was one year ago that I almost choked on a piece of gum and died. Almost. At the very least I was winded and had to sit quietly for a moment.
I remember the day like it was yesterday. Ironically I can’t remember my “actual” yesterday. I was visiting my niece’s house to see how her Christmas decorating was coming. My niece is the chucker by the way. I’ve mentioned her before. She chucks stuff. Not cabers or anything … household items mainly. If something’s in her way, she chucks it out, if she can’t fit something in a cupboard she chucks a bunch of stuff out, if her garage is messy … she chucks it all. Chuck, chuck, chuck.
So I’m not sure how she managed to hold onto all her Christmas stuff from last year, but she did. It was her little girl’s room decorated for Christmas that made me almost choke on my gum and die by the way.
My niece had 2 boys before she finally had a girl. So the second she was born, it was all pink all the time, and Christmas is no exception. Behold … the pretty pink bedroom that almost … took my breath away.
O.K. I know that’s a LOT of pictures of a baby you don’t know and quite frankly I have no idea how bloggers who have kids manage to post only a single picture of their kid in a post, but … I couldn’t help myself. I also have no idea how I ended up taking pictures of only one side of the room. Perhaps it was the distractions. The kids food fights from downstairs, the baby girl running between my feet randomly screaming at the top of her lungs then laughing her head off, or the 100 pound dog that looks like a muppet constantly knocking my lights over and breaking my bounce board. Maybe it was that. Regardless, I only took pictures of half of the room.
The other half’s quite nice too. Really it is. Honestly.
I’m lying. There’s nothing on the other half of the room. She chucked it all.