Being that I do a lot of cooking, I guess it makes sense that I burn myself a lot. Plus I’m a dork. My particular specialty is burning the inside of my wrist on the edge of a frying pan while fiddling with whatever is inside of it.
I don’t wanna sound like a suck, but OW! They hurt those little burns. No more! And yours don’t have to hurt anymore because of a piece of bizarro advice given to me by a friend. A solution so strange, it took me 5 years to even try it. No – I’m not going to have you or anyone else pee on your burnt finger … don’t worry.
This friend of mine, owns a breakfast diner. A greasy spoon you might call it – if you aren’t the owner, that is. When he bought the place years and years ago the old woman who passed him the reins gave him 2 pieces of advice:
“Don’t serve liquor … people look disgusting eating eggs when they’re drunk” and …
“If you ever burn yourself pour bleach on it.”
You can see why it took me 5 years to give this a try, but a couple of months ago I got a mild burn from splattered oil on my fingers. Annoyed at the pain, I bit the bottle and pulled the bleach out. It took the pain away INSTANTLY. I mean … in an instant. The pain came back a half an hour later or so, but I just went back and poured a little more bleach on it. The pain was gone AGAIN. And there weren’t any ill effects from pouring straight, undiluted bleach onto myself. I was understandably worried silly by that possibility.
So the first shot wasn’t a fluke. Wetting a mild (no open wounds please) burn with bleach works to get rid of the pain.
I didn’t dump the bottle on my fingers, I just put a bit of the bleach into the bleach bottle cap and drizzled it much like you’d drizzle olive oil on a pizza. Or drool on a plate of eggs if you’re drunk.
1. Burn yourself
2. Open bottle of bleach
3. Pour it on your mild burn
→Follow me on Instagram where I often make a fool of myself←