Cuddling into the couch tonight I mouth breathed my first little sigh of relief in a long time. (My cold has moved into my nose and now I can only breathe through my mouth. You know. Like that stupid kid who had head scabs in grade school) I thought to myself, “The coop’s almost done, Karen. The end is near. The chickens almost have a home, your blog is doing well, you made a nice dinner tonight and I think your toe with the bunion might be straightening itself out. Things are great.“.
Then I got dizzy and fell off the couch.
Seems all the mouth breathing was depleting my brain of oxygen. Karen’s dreamland was nice while it lasted. It was better than nice. It was awesome. I decided today I don’t use that word enough. It makes me seem old not using the word awesome. All the cool kids use it. This is awesome, that is awesome, everything is awesome. I tend to reserve awesome for things like Niagara Falls and other natural wonders of the world. Things that are awe inspiring.
Occasionally this pertains to an 8 toed cat or a really good pizza. But that’s about the extent of it. This lack of using the word awesome makes me appear old to those who do use the word awesome. Did I already say that, like 2 sentences ago? Wow. Way to cement the idea your brain is young and spry, Karen.
I vow from this day forward to use the word awesome more. Sound awesome?
Back to my mouth breathing. After I managed to get enough oxygen back into my brain I realized things weren’t quite as rosy as I’d thought. I gave some thought to what actually still needed to be done on this coop and it occurred to me. The end, was definitely not near.
Remaining Coop Work
1. Stain all the spruce siding.
2. Cut and install the siding.
3. Cut and install foam insulation wherever possible.
4. Paint the interior.
5. Install the hardware cloth.
7. Build interior mechanics for sliding door.
8. Cut plexiglass for vent protection in winter.
9. Install flatscreen and run satellite.
10. Make rolling boxes for grain and shavings side box.
11. Make screen door for run.
12. Take nap in coop run.
13. Draft Kijiji ad “Free chickens to good or not so good home”.
14. Take a nap in coop run. Again.
15. Paint interior of coop and run.
16. Install solar light in coop.
17. Caulk around coop roof and interior.
18. Cry a little.
19. Level coop by raising up slate flooring in places.
20. Cry a little more, save the tears in a decorative jar and hang it from a tiny bracket on the side of the coop.
So that’s what’s left to do. Awesome.