The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide 2017 coming right at you today! So grab a mug of coffee, set yourself down and get ready to be inspired. If you’ve been feeling all itchy and twitchy because you don’t know what to get anyone you can just calm right down. First of all, you might just have chicken pocks. Second of all, I’ve compiled a list of gifts this year that I hope will cure you of this time of year’s most dreaded disease; present purchasing paralysis.
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide 2017
- Woolrich Poncho 2. Champagne Cowhide rug 3. Birchbark candles 4. Seagrass Belly Basket 5. Sheepskin Slippers 6. Linen Cushion Cover 7. The Little Book of Hygge 8. Sheepskin Rug 9. The Year of Living Danishly 10. Glazed Coffee Mug
Never heard of Hygge? Hygge (pronounced hue-guh) is the Danish concept of living a cozy life. It doesn’t necessarily mean having sheepskins and candles around the house (although the Danish are the number one purchasers of candles in the world). Rather it means to be able to recognize and enjoy the small moments, the charm and coziness of life. Being aware of them and appreciating them. Like hearing the rain outside while sitting quietly in a warm room reading a book. Or making a point of using your nice towels instead of keeping them just for “show”. Or keeping anything just for show for that matter.
- Bronco pajamas 2. Cards Against Humanity 3. Hand Shit 4. Squishy Stress Head 5. Unicorn Wine bottle holder 6. Cuddly Sloth 7. Meh mug 8. Octopus Candelabra 9. Hand Pencil Holder 10. Pearl Cat Earrings
We all have a fun one in the family. The person that loves the weird, wonderful and wacky. In my family it’s Betty. This gift guide is especially for them.
- Leather Apron 2. Linen Proofing Cloth 3. Marble Mortar and Pestle 4. Microplane Zester 5. Charcoal Dinnerware set 6. Bialetti Coffee Maker 7. Copper Soup Pot 8. Gold Flatware 9. Peugeot Pepper Grinder 10. Black Salt Pig
The odd time a new fangled gadget becomes a classic. The microplane rasp that was developed several years ago for example; an instant classic. The rest of the gifts in this list are all classic kitchen staples for anyone who loves to cook and loves to do all things old school.
- Chicken Leg Socks 2. Ceramic Rooster Cannisters 3. Custom Egg Stamp 4. Automatic Coop Door 5. Dried Mealworms 6. Chicken Tee 7. Nesting Box Pads 8. Egg Skelter 9. Chicken Greeting Card 10. Magnet tool (great for picking up any screws, nails, or other metal in the coop that chickens risk eating – which could kill them)
The first thing you need to know is that not everyone who loves their chickens loves to decorate with them. So keep that in mind. All backyard chicken owners on the other hand do love to take care of their flock and do what’s right for them whether it’s sneaking them a few mealworms every day, keeping the coop free of dangerous metal staples and nails or making sure every egg drops into the nesting box without breaking. What makes the Egg Skelter especially great is that you’re guaranteed to be eating the eggs in the right order. The first egg into the skelter is the first one out of it and so on.
- Appetites by Anthony Bourdain 2. Larousse Gastronomique 3. Veganomicon (VEGAN) 4. 3 Times a Day 5. The Professional Chef 6. True Food (the book my kale salad dressing comes from) 7. Thug Kitchen (VEGAN) 8. The New Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day 9. 101 Things I Learned in Culinary School 10. Saveur The New Classics
Anyone who likes cooking should have a mix of old and new cookbooks. This list is a great combination of some of the best classics and some of the newest soon to be classics.
- Storm Glass 2. LifeStraw (water filter for disasters or emergencies!!) 3. DIY computer 4. Tablet Stand 5. Ecobee Thermostat 6. Airbar (makes regular laptops a TOUCHSCREEN!) 7. Norton Core Router and Security 8. Fidget Cube (WAY better than stupid fidget spinner) 9. Polaroid Camera 10. Talking Toilet Paper Spindle
The more gadgets we have it seems the more gadgets we need for our gadgets. Take the bedtime tablet stand for instance. If you’ve ever tried to lay in bed and watch anything on your tablet you know propping it up is an unsuccessful pain. And that Polaroid camera? It takes pictures in the exact same size the classic camera used to. But the most important and timely gift in this list after the horrible year of natural disasters we’ve had is the LifeStraw. A small straw that can be used to filter any water clean. If you know ANYONE who lives in an area that is prone to disasters get them this.
Next week I’ll be bringing you a whole other list of gift ideas including stocking stuffer ideas and gifts for under $20 so if nothing here inspired you fret not. You still have a chance to become itch and twitch free.