Hands down, the most stressful part of the holidays for most people is figuring out the perfect presents to buy. Today I have for you my annual Christmas Gift Guide to help those of you who are struggling.
The holidays are supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. I know this because I watch Hallmark made-for-TV Christmas movies. According to those movies Christmas is also supposed to involve a handsome rancher who recently quit his job as a high powered lawyer to pursue his true passion, being rugged.
The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide 2018
Handmade gifts are always going to be unique because they’re made by hands not robot machinery. Perfect for those people in your life who appreciate art, crafts and have an appreciation for things that aren’t mass produced.
1. Modern Bud Vase – Handmade paint dipped ceramic bud vase. Comes in different colours.
2. Seedpod earrings cast in brass. – Cast from dried plantain lillies in brass.
3. Bentwood air plant vase sculpture – Modern art for the air plant. Comes in different shapes.
4. Orgonite pyramid – For that person who is into healing crystals. Comes in different colours and crystals.
5. Magnolia (artificial) wreath – A beautiful magnolia wreath that will never dry out, curl up and die.
6. Pretty fanny pack – THIS is the kind of purse I use when going to antique shows and sales. Enough for cash, my phone and lets me be completely hands free for picking up and inspecting antiques.
7. Drippy Mug – Everyone likes a beautiful mug.
You have a pet. You want to buy something for your pet but you feel weird about it. Don’t worry about it. There are way weirder things about you than that.
1. Banana Leaf Cat Bed – I’ve had my eye on modern-rustic cat bed forever. Comes in 2 sizes.
2. Furbo treat thrower and camera – The Furbo is a video camera that also pops out pet treats when you’re not home.
3. I Could Pee on This – If I need to sell you on the brilliance of this, you’ve never owned a cat.
4. Small dog bandana – It’s just cute. It’s just plain cute.
5. Studded Collar – In my mind THIS is what a dog collar should look like.
True, some of these gifts are for people who own chickens, but they’re also for people who just have an appreciation of them. 😉
1. 5 lb bag of dried mealworms – Always good to have on hand for when the chickens need a protein kick.
2. Treadle feeder – Mice or squirrels getting into your feed? A treadle feeder is the answer to your problem.
3. Martha Stewart designed boots for Aerosole – I LOVE THESE BOOTS! JUST $95 U.S.
4. Classic chicken artwork – Comes in different sizes!
5. Boy smoking with chicken – For the chicken lover who isn’t a fan of “farmhouse”.
6. Chicken Cookie jar – For the chicken lover who IS a fan of farmhouse.
7. Coop Door – The automatic coop door I use, love and recommend to anyone who has chickens.
Whether they like newfangled or old fashioned, this list of kitchen stuff covers everyone.
4. Slow Cooker – I don’t know if you noticed, but this is a WONDER WOMAN slow cooker.
7. Keyboard Waffle Iron – Have a computer nerd/foodie on your list?
6. Hedgehog Timer – Cute. ‘Nuff said.
8. Merry Christmas tea towel – Wrap a gift with this gift!
9. Sous vide – If you know someone who is a food nerd that doesn’t own this … BUY IT FOR THEM.
10. Food dehydrator – Yep. You guessed it. On my list of “wants”. Excalibur is the brand of choice for die hard food dehydrating people.
For anyone who you a) don’t know what to buy b) is notoriously difficult to buy for c) already has everything. Basically things I found and like that didn’t fit into other categories.
1. Album Carrying Case – Keeps albums neat, tidy and safe with old school style.
2. Fuji Mirrorless Camera – If someone on your list wants a high end camera, buy them a “Mirrorless” camera. They are the future of cameras.
3. Macrame Wall Hanging – Because there are many people who like to hang macrame off their walls.
4. Marshall bluetooth speaker – You know. To go with the album carrying case. Bluetooth speaker.
5. I Garden so I don’t kill people tshirt – I think anyone who gardens would understand and appreciate this.
7. Reuseable Gold Razor – Also the way of the future – no more disposable razors. Elegant shaving.
Stuff I Own and Love
These are all gifts I’ve received and LOVE to this day.
1. Nailpolish for LED lamp – My sister Fish Pedicure bought me this polish and the lamp that cures it.
3. Flame Birch French Rolling Pin – A gift from Brenda at Cattails Woodwork years ago. In turn I ended up buying and giving these away to countless friends and relatives. Beautiful, glowing, smooth handmade rolling pin.
4. SEAM Technic Lotus (personal safety device) – I met one of the team members from SEAM on an airplane a few years ago. We exchanged contact info and I’ve followed his career in wearable technology ever since. This latest from them (which he sent me) is brilliant and beautiful. A safety device you clip onto yourself that RECORDS VIDEO AND AUDIO of wherever you are and transmits it to anyone you want. Your mother, husband, friend … whoever. Perfect for anyone who goes out walking, running or wandering.
6. Art balls – Just a circle of coloured balls that you can move and sculpt however you want but SO much fun and cool looking. This I got from my friend Amos after I did a favour for him.
7. Maple Syrup Kit – O.K. This is a gift I bought for myself. Old fashioned maple syrup buckets, spiles and bucket lids. If you know anyone who has a maple tree that’s larger than 10″ across THIS is the perfect Christmas present. Most people have NO idea that they can tap their maple tree and make maple syrup. Here’s my post on how to tap a tree.
8. Vitamix – What’s funny is I can’t remember if this is a gift I bought for my old boyfriend or if it was one he bought for me. Regardless – I own it now, lol. The Vitamix is a really pricey blender but it’s worth it. It’ll do anything you want without complaint and it will not die. Before the Vitamix we were going through a blender a year. This one is probably close to 10 years old and it’s still going strong. It’s outlasted countless blocks of parmesan cheese, hundreds of soups, cashew milks and ice filled smoothies. It even outlasted our relationship, lol.
Didn’t see anything inspiring?
Next week I’ll be bringing you a whole other guide including stocking stuffers, gifts for under $25 and more.
Until then, it’s back to that rugged lawyer turned rancher. I wonder if he has a Vitamix?
→Follow me on Instagram where I often make a fool of myself←